Friday, January 20, 2012

Active- Independent - Open-minded

1. I did work
This morning, Kelvin and Alex went to Penang for Chinese new year. There were only Stephanie and me going to PT Foundation.
I have to admit that I had been so passive the previous times.  To me, Alex and Kelvin are very experienced so they always take the initiative. That’s why I depended on them too much and just waited for them asking me.
However, today is different because:
1. Shalif- Manager at VCT department (I’m not sure if I write his name right so… *hope that he wont read this note :P *) gave me the chance to help him at VCT session- a new job for me.
2. No more help.
OK, It’s time I made some change for myself and also had to be independent.
I tried to read the VCT preparation description carefully the day before. When I came to PT foundation, I checked the room myself and then asked the staff for their confirmation to make sure that I was on the right track.
Actually, what I did is not big thing. I just boiled some water, found more paper cups and reminded the staff there to turn on the TV. However, at least, I didn’t wait for people asking me anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!
After finishing at VCT room, I found Ivan to see if he needed my help. At first, He couldn’t find any job for me so he just asked me to… count the condoms and bring 300-condom-box to VCT room. OK lah~
I had stuck with packing condoms for 2 weeks so I really hope Ivan brings me some new job. However, this is not the place that I can take the control of so I just followed him patiently. (Thanks Kelvin and Sweehar for teaching me this lesson :) )
What should come will come. Finally Ivan gave me new job- data entry :P.
Today, I did work!

2. Prepare myself and be open-minded
I don’t know if telling this story is rude or not. I just want to share my feeling so please read it with a positive viewpoint :).
When Ivan turned on a staff’s computer for me to do data entry, I saw that the desktop background was 90 percent-nude-man, a sexy man!
I was sitting in front of the screen!!!! 
Right at that time, I just thought that “Ivan, please open some folder to cover up the screen”. In my country, the photo like that is still quiet sensitive. A girl doesn’t keep her eye on that photo for more than 3 seconds. I was a little bit confused…
Ok, so what I get from that experience is I need to understand and respect their demand, their style and their way of manner. Just prepare and open my mind to accept the new!



Thuy Duong Phan- Zany (Vietnam)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...