Friday, January 13, 2012

Experience in Gay club

 Friday, January 13th,2012


1. On the top….. of  mountain
Tonight, Ivan- the senior at PT foundation brought us to a restaurant on the top of a mountain from which we can have a stunning view of Kuala Lumpur.
I have to say that it’s the most ideal view ever. Although it rained in the afternoon but we still saw the whole KL at last. We had dinner and also took some photo.

2. Embarrassing moment
Kelvin taught me a slang in Cantonese that students usually use in conversation between friends. It’s “Ting ley”. It’s somehow like “damn you” in English but at lower level and can be used commonly.
When I had the conversation with Ivan, he poked me so I said “ting ley”.
                                                               Guess what???
Ivan was shocked and they all laughed at me. Ahhhhhhhhhh. I didn’t know it’s that bad. No more “ting ley” from now!!!!!!!

3. Club:

After the restaurant, we visited Henry’s house. He worked for PT foundation as well. I tried a traditional Chinese cake used in Lunar new year. It tastes delicious and sweet.
At 11pm, we had to be at a club for gays to provide them with Safe sex kit and get their information to engage them in PT foundation’s later activities. 10:30 pm, We were at the most magnificent and bustling road where the club is located. The street is decorated beautifully. There are street musicians and street artists. Although I wanted to stay and enjoyed the music, we didn’t have enough time. The number of restaurants and club here is uncountable. I felt that this street may never sleep.
Let’s come back to our job tonight. Actually, I didn’t find this job difficult. At first, I thought that there would be many people rejecting me but everything ran smoothly. This problem is sensitive in our country but to people here, they find it normal. We reached around 70 people. Some people received the gift but didnt care much about our purpose. Some people wanted to know more and some people, they received the gift at first but when they knew that is safe sex kit, the gave us back. However, what we got is a great result.
This is my precious experience. I had the chance to interact with gay people and made direct impact on keeping them safe from HIV.
Although I had to stand quite long at midnight, it didn’t matter to me much because I got something bigger.
After the club, at 2am, we had  BBQ. What a day! I was so full because of the drink and the food!!! My waist will become bigger and bigger if I keep eating to much at night like this.
Thuy Duong Phan (Zany)- Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...