Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The first day- January 4th, 2012

1. Flight:
The night before, the guy working at air-ticket booking department had kept repeating that “You have to be at the airport 2 hours early” so I (stupidly) came to the airport 2.5 hours early. And guess what! I had to wait for more than 2 hours doing nothing because the plane came 30 mins late!
However, the stewards are such handsome haha :))) so 2- hour- waiting is worthy!
I took some nice picture of spectacular view from the plane but cannot upload!!!!!!!! What happened with the Facebook????
The flight took more than 1 hour. My first impression when getting off the plane is…….. The sunlight is super strong!!!! Let’s wait to welcome the BLACK  returnee next month!!
It took me a lot of time completing all the visa and passport process at the airport. Such complicated! One experience I have to share: just exchange a little money at the airport because you would find better deal at some shopping malls inside the city. The exchange rate at the airport is 1 usd for 2.82 RM  but in Mid Valley (a shopping mall) is 3.12 RM.

2. New friends:
There are 4 interns at my intern house already: Alex and Kelvin- 2 boys from Hongkong and Lisa, Lily- 2 girls from Australia. Coincidentally, they are all Chinese and On Jan 13th, there will be another intern from Macao. Maybe I can speak a little Chinese when I come back haha.
There were also three LC UM AISECers coming to pick me. They are all nice and friendly, Joon is so thoughtful lah :p
One thing I learn from the other interns is that I have to do more exercise. I’m so week and small L((( The other interns walk very fast and I have to try a lot to catch up with them. When i come back, I’ll be very good at walking :P

3. My new house:


My accommodation is an apartment at Pantai Hillpark. (as Joon said: Pantai means Big, Hill means hill so it means Big hill lol)
There is a pool, a gym, a small restaurant and store here. Our place is very peaceful with fresh air thanks to a lot of trees. The most part I love in my house is…. the washing machine haha :”> The view is also great :p.
One special thing abt intern house is that it’s a sharing-house: the interns have the responsibility to protect and support stuffs and also leave some notes sharing the feeling and experiences for the next interns. I found a note of a Vietnamese intern named Hang Nguyen here and it somehow brings me the hometown-feeling.
Thuy Duong Phan (Zany) - Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...