Thursday, January 5, 2012

Job- introduction day

 Thursday, January 5th,2012
1. Transportation:
There are 2 kinds of public transportation here: the bus (in Malaya, it’s called the “bas” :D) and the LRT (I usually call it the sky train :)) ). The bus costs you around 1 RM  and the train costs 1->3 RM depending on your routine.
They are really convenience, comfortable and also modern. You buy a card, put money into it and then scan the card to get on the train or bus.

2. My job:
Today, we visited 2 NGOs, one is named KL Krash Pad and the other is PT Foundation. My job schedule is: on Tuesday and Wednesday, we teach and also play with the children who suffer low living condition at KL Krash Pad  and then on Thursday and Friday, we volunteer at PT Foundation.
The people there are so cute. They welcomed us with big smile. I met Ian, Peng, Henry, Nono, Ivan… I also met Tiara, director of HIV project at LC UM. Surprisingly, when I find her on facebook, we have a Vietnamese mutual friend, Thi- the one who interviewed me to be an EP lol. I was impressive by Tiara style. She must be an interesting girl!.
Ivan told me about the PT foundation mission. From him, I learned the real HIV situation in Malay and also potential- infected HIV people. He also brought me a big experience. Next week, we will come with him to a club to see on my own the HIV reality.
Thuy Duong Phan (Zany) -Vietnam

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...