Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm a teacher

 Wednesday, January 11th, 2012


1. I’m a teacher
Today, there was only me to come to the Children centre. I woke up late!!!!!!!! AHHHHH.
The children were studying English when I came. I helped them check their exercises and spell some English words. The next subject was math. There were 4 children coming to ask me for help!!! I’m so happy!!!!!!!!! I spent all my lunch- time with a little girl to help her finish the exercises. I was proud of her so much because she tried to solve the maths by herself. Moreover, the little quiet boy also came to me. I was in heaven!!!!!!!!!
I had some difficulties in helping them understand at first because the children don’t know much English. However, everything was ok at last :P

2. Malaysia culture
I had lunch in a Malaysian restaurant (in Malaya, it’s “restoran” :P). I found that it has different selling manner from us. In Malaysian restaurant, we serve ourselves. All the dishes are on the table. We go around, pick up what we like and then show our meal for restaurateur to count the price. Therefore, a meal has diverse kind of food. One meal with drink costs from 6 to 9 RM.
I learn some Malaysian words about food to make a choice easier.
Nasi-rice
Putih nasi- white rice
Mee- noodle
Goreng- fried
Canai- grind
Minuman- Beverage
Ayam- chicken
Udang- shrimp
Telur- egg
Sayur- vegetable
Siakap- fish sauced.
Berapa harga ini?-  How much is it?
Number: Satu- Dua- Tiga- Empat- Lima- Enam- Tujuh- Lapan- Sembilan- Sepuluh.



3. The monkey boy
In the afternoon, the children at Krash Pad taught us about Malaysia. After that, I stayed at Krash Pad to play with the “monkey” boy. He made me surprised because he can sing many English songs very well. Today, he was totally different from yesterday: no more kidding thing.
I can’t believe that I  left Krash Pad at 9:30pm!
Thuy Duong Phan (Zany)- Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...