Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I love the kids here!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012

 

1. The kids (we are not allowed to take photo of the kids so sorry for not adding picture in this post)

Today we visited a Children Centre in Chowkit. Our task is supporting the children here in learning maths and English.
The teacher organized many games for the children. I found that all of them were very exciting and active. They joined the games with the highest spirit. Joining with them, I felt like I were still a child and free-of-care at that time. Thanks for bringing me back from worries.
Let me give you the picture about the kids.
We have a cute little girl who cannot keep herself focus. She always moves around the class and finds something new to do.
The last table is the territory of 3 boys- the monkey boy (I’ll tell you later about his name)- the big boy and the left-hand boy.
The monkey boy makes the class noisy and full of laugh. He dances, he sings and he pokes the others all the times. At first, I think that he is an Indian boy but he is from Pakistan. His parent comes to Malaysia for working.
The big boy is very good at crossword game. He is also active and independent.
Can you guess why I call the last boy is the left-hand boy. Yeah, that’s because he uses his left hand to write. It’s special, isn’t it? I can see that he studies English very well but he’s a little bit quiet in comparison to 2 boys above.
Sitting at the same-row table with 3 boys is “monitor” girl. She is bold from the other girls because of her maturity. We also have a small Indian girl, a little quiet boy, a shy girl, a lovely small girl, a hard-working girl and an obedient girl.
When we left the centre, the children said thank you to us by slightly taking our right hand and letting it touch their forehead.

2. Cultural exchange
In the afternoon, we conducted a cultural exchange session in which we would introduce about Australia, Hongkong and Vietnam.  I don’t know if they can understand all given information but I hope that they can have a picture about Vietnam in their mind.

3. Get lost
I was tired and sleepy so I decided to come home first by myself. The routine sounded quite easy. I need to get the bus U74. Yes, just that. I did get that bus but...... on the wrong side. Then, the bus brought me to a new station that I didn’t know. I asked some people and they said : Stay here and wait, the bus will come!
Finally, the right bus came after ……………..2 hour waiting! Unbelievable!
Thuy Duong Phan (Zany)- Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...